For this design challenge, we had to design an App Icon for a water park locator without using words. I tried to keep it as simple as possible, so the waves and figure were created with only the line and brush tools.
The icon depicts a diver about to plunge into water. I wanted the icon to remind me of summer, when I would visit such places, so I chose orange and blue for the sun and water respectively. I added a gradient to the background to show the sun fading as the figure is about to hit the water.
My message for this animation is to have fun! I enjoyed tweaking each one of these to make it move in a different way.
The audience for this E-Card is for fans of winter and also those who appreciate humor.
The most difficult part of this project was placing each image in the right frame at the precise time. For instance, the snow was falling too slow and the other images were moving too fast, so I added additional frames to match the current speed.
This is a Good Luck E-Card. It has 3 layer comps put together to produce the card. It is targeted towards all the democrats claiming that they will move to Canada depending on the result of the election. My goal was to give it an unrealistic feel.
For my 1st Layer Comp, I warped some text and placed a warped Canadian flag inside over a gray background.
For my second layer Comp, I took a bottle of maple syrup, warped it slightly, added a label and placed it in the background to appear as a building.
For my 3rd Layer Comp, I took a photo view of downtown Toronto, warped it to almost give off a snow globe vibe, and changed the saturation and hue to make it seem unreal.
I also used a clipping mask to free a moose statue below to add to the humor.
For this assignment, we had to free objects from their backgrounds and keep their quality (hair). Masking was fairly easy with the ‘select and mask’ tool in Photoshop. By utilizing the output settings I was able to keep the fineness of the hair intact in each image. I wish I had spent more time experimenting with the text.
Background – Targets
For this exercise I created a target shape, colored it red: hexidemical #f7340c, changed the opacity to 80%, duplicated the layer, and set an offset filter. In WordPress customize, I placed a green color over the red to give it a christmas feel. I couldn’t find a hexidecimal value for the green used in wordpress, it was in rgb brackets.
Here I have my creature composite in which I blended several animal parts onto a bear’s body. I wanted the pieces to match in color, so I experimented heavily with the hue and saturation.
The most challenging part was trying to match up the elephant trunk. While the color of the trunk was similar to the bear, the texture didn’t line up, so it looks awkward in it’s placement.
Other parts I was able to blend in more smoothly such as the feet or tail using the clone stamp tool.
The 5 images in the slideshow below are my sources.
The challenge for this project was to create a flyer and web banner. I gave the flyer a fun aspect, adding stoplight buttons to highlight activities.
Wine Festival for aficionados & newcomers alike!
For the web banner I made the buttons larger for readability and added a drop shadow to the title to make it stand out more.
The most difficult challenge I faced in this project was masking the grapes. At the time I was unfamiliar with the tool and ran out of time, so it looks choppy.